Yoga helps us manage the aches and pains that come with changing hormones. It can help us feel more grounded, centered and resilient.
Yoga is a holistic practice combined with spiritual mindfulness and different poses that promote confidence, functional mobility and rebalancing of the nervous system. The meditation aspects and breathing techniques along with yoga poses and yoga stretches are especially empowering. Breathing practices help boost blood circulation in the body and brain. Being mindful is a great anxiety reducer. Together they augment the health benefits of yoga like pain relief, enhanced mental health, and a feeling of empowerment and independence.
Yoga can be practiced alone or in community, and a regular practice can work to support both mental and physical wellness. It can improve mobility, balance, strength, flexibility, and endurance. But research has also found that it also helps:
- Increase muscle strength
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Control and regulate high blood sugar
- Recovery from strokes and surgery
- Provide relief from chronic pain
- Prevent falls
- Reduce arthritis pain and inflammation
- Manage digestive issues like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Improve sleep quality and overall wellness
- Improve the range of motion in stiff, arthritic, and achy joints
- Facilitate the grieving process
- Alleviate stress and anxiety
#lifestyleapproach #perimenopause #menopause #holistichealth #mindful #movement
Movement through yoga for ladies in perimenopause and beyond is great to address health ailments like depression, weak bones and joints, arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, insomnia, and mobility limitations due to constant aches and pains. It helps us feel more confident in our balance, flexibility, and strength.